Job Title: Pastor of Young Adults
Reports to: Campus Operations Pastor (In conjunction with Associate Pastor)
THE WIN: The Pastor of Young Adults will implement a comprehensive program of outreach and discipleship for the 18-35 year old. This includes college, career, single, and married adults in our community.
It is essential that this person be able to connect with young adults on a social and spiritual level. They must also be able to understand the cultural context we find ourselves in as a church and be able to understand and represent our ministry philosophy. The intent of this ministry is to help integrate young adults into our church life and help coach them toward Christ-like maturity.
College Age Ministry
The community of 18-25 year olds are led to a stronger commitment of following Jesus within our church.
Young Adults Ministry
The community of 25-35 year olds are led to a stronger commitment of following Jesus within our church.
- Demonstrate mature and growing faith in Jesus.
- Strong understanding of how youth ministry works.
- Ability to coach youth ministry director along objectives and agreed upon measurable goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong relationship building mindset.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Biblical teaching and preaching ability.
- Ability to build and mobilize teams.
- Ability to work within a strong culture.
- Ability to communicate to a congregational size group.
- Able to shepherd and disciple others.
- Able to take initiative, problem solve, and catalyze positive change.
- Develop relationships with young adults to develop and encourage their spiritual growth in Christ.
- Raise up lead teams within college, singles, careers, and marrieds to help minister to the larger young adult community.
- Provide guidance and support based on biblical principles to young adults.
- Prepare and lead gatherings to help young adults connect with each other and the Lord.
- Provide leadership for young adult classes, worship nights, socials, and retreats.
- Provide church-wide visibility and communication to young adult activities.
- Create initiatives to help our church become a viable option for young adults in our Mission and Lake Merced neighborhoods.
- Identify, develop, and implement solutions to strategic needs for Young Adults Ministries.
The circle of Influence:
- The Young Adults Pastor would have direct access to the pastoral staff, artistic department, and executive team for assistance in carrying out their duties.
What to submit in application
- Video file of sermon delivered to gathering
If you are interested, please email resume to :
Pastor Luis MenjivarAssociate Pastor